A. A collective works much like a marketing agency.The collective signs an athlete to a contract for the use of their name, image, and likeness (“NIL”) and promotes this athlete to fans, businesses, and charitable organizations that can mutually benefit from working with the athlete.

A. The landscape of recruiting and retaining top talent in college athletics has changed dramatically over the last several years, due in large part to the change in NIL rules and the transfer portal. Accordingly, colleges with strong NIL support, such as a well-funded collective, make a college more competitive to recruit and retain talent.

A. Examples include, but are not limited to, social media promotions, autograph signings, appearances at special events, and engaging in charitable activities.

A. We estimate that approximately 85%-90% of all contributions will be distributed to the athletes that we work with. The remaining 10%-15%will go towards paying for the costs of operating and administering the collective.

A. We will work with any athlete at UMass-Lowell where there is a market for their name, image, and likeness. The athletes that we work with, and the amounts they get paid, are solely determined based on the market value of their NIL.

A. Yes. All you must do is note this at the time of making the contribution and we will work with that athlete or sport, if we are not already.

A. Yes. Please contact [email protected] for directions on how to do this.

A. No, we are not. We are an entirely independent and separate organization, unaffiliated with UMass-Lowell.

A. No, they are not.